Deadlines and Guidelines for Participants
- Proposal abstracts are to be emailed directly to the chair of the selected panel using this form. The deadline for abstract submission is October 15, 2022. Panel chairs are expected to accept/reject proposals and have panels set up by November 7 and send the final lists to Aitor Ibarrola (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Carmen M. Méndez (email@example.com).
- Selected papers shall follow strict academic criteria: the relevance of the proposal to the panel topic, clarity of exposition, originality, correct use of references, etc.
- Panels cannot have more than THREE contributions each
- All participants should send their panel coordinators a brief CV of approximately 300 words, indicating their present affiliation and main publications.
- The final version of papers should never exceed 2.500 words. Panelists will be talking for about 20 minutes and there will be a final round of questions once all panelists have presented their contributions. Panel chairs are also expected to offer a brief summary and comments on the contributions to their own panels.
- Panel sessions should not last longer than one hour and thirty minutes, including the question/answer section.
- All participants MUST have registered for the conference ahead of time.
- Panel chairs are also expected to dissuade panelists from simply reading their papers.
- Participants can present only one paper at SAAS Conferences.
- In case of joint papers, only one of the authors can deliver it at the Conference. The co-author is entitled, however, to participate in the discussion and debate following the paper presentation.
- If panelists have any special requirements for their presentations, they should let their panel chairs know as soon as possible and fill up the appropriate section of the paper proposal form.
- Participants who have not registered by the cut-off date established by Conference organizers will not be included in the official program.
Full panel proposals
We also encourage Full Panel Proposals: The Full Panel coordinator should submit a 200-word rationale for the panel as whole. For each contributor, please submit a 250-word abstract, a short biographical note, and contact information. Like regular panels, these panels should also include three speakers—one of which could be the coordinator.
Send us your proposals for the Felix Martín Doctoral Seminar
IMPORTANT: Non-members of SAAS (of all nationalities) are welcome to participate in the conference, but will be required to pay membership dues for one year as well as the conference registration fee. Members of ASA (American Studies Association), AISNA (Associazione Italiana di Studi Nor-Americani), APEAA (Portuguese Association for Anglo-American Studies) and HELAAS (Hellenic Association for American Studies) need only pay the conference registration fee.